News Briefs

GW presents second Kalb Report Friday

The second forum in “The Kalb Report: Ethics in Journalism” will be held at the National Press Club Friday at 8 p.m.

The topic of the discussion is truth in journalism.

Panelists include New York Times Washington Bureau Chief Mike Oreskes; NBC News national correspondent Gwen Ifill; USA Today Washington Bureau Chief Susan Page; CBS News Washington Bureau Chief Al Ortiz; former CBS, CNN and PBS correspondent Deborah Potter; and GW School of Media and Public Affairs Director Jean Folkerts.

The series is moderated by Marvin Kalb, former chief diplomatic correspondent for CBS, and is sponsored by the National Press Club and SMPA.

SA hosts third annual Clean Up Foggy Bottom

Several GW student groups will join the Student Association in hosting the third annual Clean Up Foggy Bottom Sunday.

Students will meet in the Marvin Center Ballroom at 9 a.m.

Fraternities and sororities, the Green University Initiative, Campus Outdoor Recreation Enthusiasts and the Neighbors Project are among the groups co-sponsoring the event, SA Vice President for Community Affairs Adam Kinsinger said.

In addition to picking up trash, students at this year’s cleanup will clear graffiti in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood, Kinsinger said.

“The event gives students an opportunity to understand and get to know the community, and it lets the community know that students aren’t the enemy,” Kinsinger said.

-Becky Neilson