Men’s soccer team sets records in two Atlantic 10 victories

Although the GW men’s soccer team will not appear in postseasonplay this year, it ended its season on a high note with two wins on the road in Philadelphia this weekend, achieving numerous personal bests.

ms Ben Ferry now is the national assist leader. After the two goals he assisted Sunday against St. Joseph’s, Ferry has 24 assists for the season.

Both senior Omar Sigtryggsson and junior Ben Hatton scored two goals in Sunday’s game and one goal against Temple Friday. These three goals raised Sigtryggsson’s total for the year to 14, while Ben Hatton has nine goals for the year. Sigtryggsson had seven goals last year while Hatton had two.

GW 5, St. Joesph’s 3

Hatton scored the first goal of the game against the Hawks at the 14-minute mark with the help of senior Scott Zmrhal.

In the 42nd minute, with the game tied, Matt and Ben Ferry assisted Sigtryggsson in his first goal of the game. Hatton scored seven minutes later on an unassisted goal.

Ben Ferry scored his fourth goal of the season on a penalty kick in the 77th minute.

Only a few seconds later, after St. Joseph’s scored its second goal, Sigtryggsson scored again with assists from the Ferry brothers.

GW 3, Temple 1

Hatton, Sigtryggsson and Ben Ferry scored the three goals in the win over Temple Friday.

Sigtryggsson assisted in Ferry’s goal, while Jeff Greenspan and Enrique Reyes assisted in the other two goals.

Goalkeeper Jamie Hadzima had 9 saves.

(Photo by Claire Duggan/Senior Photo Editor)