Apps to get you through inaugural weekend

Trying to figure out how to navigate, kill some time or get your party on this inaugural weekend? There’s an app for that.

With thousands of tourists heading to D.C. for the swearing-in of President-elect Donald Trump, navigating the city will be more stressful than usual, and you’ll want something to entertain you as you wait in long lines. From snapping the best inauguration photos to getting some much-needed alcohol for your inauguration party, here’s a breakdown of the best smartphone apps to get through one of D.C.’s busiest weekends.

Drizly
Drizly is the perfect app to help you avoid trekking through traffic to the liquor store before your inaugural ball pre-game. Drizly, which is like Postmates for alcohol, delivers a wide selection of beer, wine and liquor to your door through one simple app. Once your delivery is on its way, you’ll be notified through the app so you can meet your deliverer at the door. Deliveries usually take about 20 to 40 minutes, according the app’s website. If you don’t feel like waiting, you can schedule an alcohol delivery in advance.

Transit
Looking for the quickest way to get from the inaugural parade to a post-swearing-in ball? Transit has you covered. This app brings together all of D.C.’s transit options – including Uber, the bus and the Metro – in one easy-to-use app. The app shows users which transportation option offers the fastest route from point A to point B, helping you avoid the inauguration crowds. The app will also guide you along the way by sending notifications when you’re close to your bus stop and giving live updates if the fastest route to your destination changes because of traffic.

Pocket Obama
If you’re not thrilled about who our next U.S. president is, you’ll need Pocket Obama to survive inaugural weekend. You can carry dozens of the 44th president’s soundbites in your pocket by downloading the app. The inauguration edition of the app is free and plays longer soundbites from some of Obama’s most memorable speeches. You can’t keep Obama in your pocket for the next four years but this app is the next best thing.

VSCO
Between the parade, GW’s inaugural ball and protests scheduled for the weekend, inauguration will certainly be one for Instagram. VSCO, one of the most popular photo editing apps, will add the perfect filter to make your Instagram great again. With a multitude of unique filters to choose from and other features, like the ability to change exposure, shadows and saturation of a photo, VSCO will help your photos stand out from the rest.