Concerts you don’t want to miss in D.C. this fall

It doesn’t matter if you spent your summer on an Instagram-worthy European vacation or scooping ice cream in your suburban hometown – everyone who couldn’t make Drake and Future’s stop at the Verizon Center is feeling the FOMO.

Thankfully, Kanye West and Chvrches scheduled their D.C. concerts after GW students have returned to the District, so you don’t have an excuse to miss out on the best concerts of the semester.

Kanye West: The Saint Pablo Tour
Ever since Yeezy started teasing “The Life of Pablo” – in between Twitter rants – you’ve known his tour would be the one narrative you don’t want to miss.

Go to find out how he’ll one-up the bedazzled mask from his 2013 Yeezus Tour, stay for the possibility that you’ll make it into a “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” episode about Kim Kardashian’s trip to D.C. Oh, and the music is pretty good too.

The Verizon Center
Sept. 8
$43 to $4,000

Holychild
After releasing their second studio album, GW alumni Liz Nistico and Louie Diller, who headlined last year’s Fall Fest, are back in the District with infectious tracks like “Running Behind” and “Barbie Nation” that will stick in your head for days.

Their brand of music, known as “brat pop,” isn’t any old pop – their lyrics also explore themes of capitalism and feminism, which seems fitting for two former GW students.

DC9
Sept. 14
$12

Chvrches
Last fall, the Scottish indie pop band charmed crowds in D.C. at Landmark Festival. This time, they’re back in town after releasing their album “Every Open Eye” last year.

The combination of lead singer Lauren Mayberry’s crystal-clear, high-pitched vocals and clean, synthpop beats on songs like “Lungs,” “Lies” and “The Mother We Share” is sure to brighten your week night – even if it means skipping a study session.

Echostage
Oct. 17 and 18
$35

Good Charlotte
Yes, this is the same Good Charlotte that rocked your seventh grade world. Nicole Richie and Cameron Diaz’s husbands – twins Joel Madden and Benji Madden, respectively – are back with their latest album, “Youth Authority.”

No one will judge you for indulging your inner pop punk kid for one night, especially not when it’s the band that released “I Don’t Wanna Be In Love,” one of the catchiest songs of the 2000’s. Let’s hope this means the rest of your emo playlist bands – like Simple Plan, which released an album in March – will follow suit with their own D.C. concerts.

Echostage
Nov. 11
$40