Time to political party

O-bomb-a

Consult your cabinet. If you have champagne and limoncello, you’ve got what it takes to add some hope and change to your Election Night cocktail.

Simply drop a shot of limoncello into a glass of lemon-infused champagne if you want to be liberal with your libation.

No Democratic election party is complete without the O-bomb-a, a drink that is delicate and refreshing whether you chug or sip.

Ingredients: 1 bottle of inexpensive champagne, 1 lemon & 1 shot of limoncello

Directions:
1. Fill a glass with champagne and add a few lemon wedges to it.

2. After a few minutes, remove the lemon with a spoon and have your guests drop in a shot of limoncello before chugging. Since the drink will be chugged, garnishes would simply get in the way.

Media Credit: Jordan Emont | Photo Editor

Mint Rumney

Mitt Romney may be a Mormon, but his supporters might wish to indulge on Election Night.

Using creamy coconut milk as a base, sweeten your “Mint Rumney” with mint simple syrup, give it bubbliness with carbonated water, cut the richness with a squeeze of lime and finally add a conservative amount of rum. White and rich, this drink will surely be a hit at your Grand Old Party.

Simple syrup ingredients: 2 parts water, 1 part sugar & a handful of mint sprigs

Directions:
1. In a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat, dissolve the sugar in the water with the mint sprigs. When the syrup becomes greenish, remove from heat and chill.

Assembling the cocktail:
1/3 cup coconut milk
1 shot light rum
2 shots carbonated water
1 lime wedge

2. Spoon three tablespoons of the mint simple syrup into a glass.
3. Add the coconut milk, the rum, the carbonated water and the juice of a lime wedge
4. Stir vigorously and garnish with a mint sprig.