Piecing Together: Your Twitter feed

Stay up-to-date with the community as a Colonial by following the Twitter accounts of top administrators and resource offices, along with some users that mock
campus stereotypes.

@GWtweets

This is the University’s official Twitter account, updating students on everything from tornado warnings and traffic alerts to faculty achievements and big campus events.

@GWPeterK

Dean of Students Peter Konwerski follows nearly every GW-affiliated account on Twitter, and sometimes tweets a dozen times a day about GW, often replying students’ tweets when they don’t expect it. Follow him to connect or just stay in the loop.

@GWAlert

Follow this account for timely updates on campus crimes, power outages or severe weather.

@fakeStevenKnapp

Tweets about walks of shames, day drinking and being sexiled under the university president’s name come from a 24-year-old alumnus living in New York City with an uncanny ability to provide an up-to-the-minute satirical commentary of campus happenings.

@GWRegistrar

Reminders on when to register for classes as well as drop or add courses will be useful once the year kicks off. Not into Twitter yet? Check out their Facebook page. It will come in handy during your first – and likely hectic – registration.

@GWDOSHelps

The Office of the Dean of Students’ official Twitter account will help out when you have a problem – like a leaky faucet or broken air conditioner in your room. Tweet at the account and it will put in a FixIt request.

@wmata

The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, better known as the Metro, lets travelers know about delays or outages affecting the rail or bus systems.

@TheVernExpress

Find out when heavy traffic or roadwork is slowing down the commute between the Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon campuses.

@AshwinNarla

Keep up with Student Association President Ashwin Narla’s goals and progress.

@GDubBro

For tweets about sex, drugs and frat life, follow this account from the typical campus bro.

@shitGWgirlsSay

This satirical account parodies a typical GW girl, a stereotype complete with leggings, Ugg boots, brunch at Founding Farmers and happy hour at McFaddens.