Welcome to new dining on campus

The Metro Diner

The Metro Diner – slotted into J Street Café’s former space – will serve all-day breakfast and a variety of eats like fresh burgers and salads, made-to-order. The diner’s seating area will feature long, communal tables and smaller tables like those in the former J Street Café.

The Coffee Stop

The Coffee Stop will serve Seattle’s Best Coffee, hot breakfast sandwiches, yogurt cups and pastries. The University also unveiled a late-night and weekend schedule for the Metro Diner and the Coffee Stop, which will both stay open from 8 a.m. to midnight on weekdays and noon to midnight on weekends.

Pesto

As the new Italian option in J Street, Pesto will offer pizza and calzones, and will boast two sauté stations where students can personalize made-to-order pasta dishes.

Greenfields

The University axed the replica of the Washington Monument that was a former staple of J Street, and will instead use the space for Greenfields. Students can step up to the buffet line for salads, sandwiches and hot international food in Greenfields, which will anchor the center of J Street. Greenfields will offer similar sandwich and salad bar offerings as previous years, and will rotate different international food every month, starting with Mediterranean in the fall.

Thyme

As Chick-fil-A’s replacement, Thyme will specialize in comfort foods and homestyle favorites that will be offered in a “Buff Blue Plate Special” and offer a combination of food for lunch and dinner that will follow the guidelines of Your Health Your Way, a program designed to provide balanced meals. More nutritional information can be found at www.yourhealthyourwayonline.com.

Bamboo

The revamped destination for Asian food in J Street will rotate Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese and Chinese cuisines. Hand-rolled sushi and bento boxes will round out the menu options, and the restaurant will aim to provide “more authentic offerings,” Nancy Haaga, director of GW’s Campus Support Services, said.

Simply-to-go

Formerly known as the Smart Market, this year’s incarnation will still sell packaged sandwiches and some basic grocery options, including snacks and bottled beverages. Students will also now find a milkshake machine, a popular feature in Pelham Commons, in Simply to Go.

Nosh

Nosh, formerly the Fifth Avenue Deli, will feature kosher options for students, including hot and cold sandwiches, side salads, bagels and pickles.

Freshens

Freshens is a holdover from last year’s J Street, but will no longer serve Starbucks coffee. Instead, it will ramp up its frozen yogurt offerings, including a tart flavor with fruit and crunchy toppings.