Crime Log

Threats

8/09/11 – Time unknown Location: Off campus Case closed

A complainant unaffiliated with GW, attending an on-campus counseling session, told the counselor she was threatened by her ex-girlfriend, also unaffiliated with GW. She then reported the incident to the University Police Department.Off-campus incident

Lewd Acts

8/10/11 – 1:26 p.m. Location: Gelman Library Starbucks Open case

A student reported to UPD that she observed another customer reading a newspaper and masturbating under the paper while seated at Starbucks. The student left the building and told a friend about the incident, later returning to the store to speak with the manager. The suspect soon fled the area and UPD received a notification about it two hours after the incident.Open case

Breaking and Entering

8/12/11 – Time unknown Location: Monroe Hall Case closed

A service worker filling a vending machine reported to UPD that he noticed drill holes in two machines.No suspects or witnesses

Simple Assault/Unlawful Entry/Destruction

8/13/11 – 1:12 a.m. Location: Ivory Tower Case closed

UPD responded to a report of an alumnus hitting his ex-girlfriend and another male student. When officers arrived on scene, the subject admitted to entering the female’s room and becoming violent when he found a male student there. He also damaged several items in the room before leaving. Metropolitan Police Department transported the subject to the station.
Referred to MPD

Attempted Theft

8/15/11 – 3:21 to 3:29 p.m. Location: Marvin Center Case closed

GW Bookstore staff stopped two male suspects who tripped security detectors at the exit. One of the suspects had a bag with about $1,200 in merchandise. The suspects ran and dropped the bag when they fled the area.
No identifiable suspects

Theft

8/15/11 – Time unknown Location: Off campus Case closed

A student reported that her bike was stolen from her front yard off campus on 25th Street.
Referred to MPD

Disorderly Conduct

8/12/11 – 11:20 p.m. Location: 22nd Street and Pennsylvania Avenue Case closed

UPD officers observed a verbal altercation between two male subjects after the owner of Circa restaurant asked one customer to leave because he began making comments to other patrons.
Subject barred from campus

8/18/11 – 1:15 p.m. Location: 2200 block of H Street Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a subject unaffiliated with GW urinating near a building.
Subject barred from campus

8/18/11 – 12:15 p.m. Location: 2100 block of H Street Case closed

UPD observed a student and an alumnus in a verbal altercation in front of the Gelman Library Starbucks, arguing about an incident that occurred two years earlier.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Compiled by Priya Anand