Welcome Back Events

G-Dub First Night – Head to the Marvin Center for some laser tag, free food, bowling, billiards and dancing. You can collect stamps after participating in each activity that will enter your name in a drawing to win an iPad and other prizes.
9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 28.

Sunday Brunch on the Vern – Check out the new dining hall in West Hall with the Vern’s first all-you-can-eat brunch of the year.
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 29.

Freshman Convocation followed by Fresh on the Yard – President Steven Knapp welcomes the Class of 2014 to campus in the newly revamped Charles E. Smith Center. Froshies can then join their new classmates in University Yard for a free barbeque.
4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 29.

Senior Breakfast – All seniors are invited to celebrate the beginning of the end by stopping by the Alumni House at 1918 F St. and grabbing free breakfast.
9 to 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 30.

Student Performance Showcase – Come watch the best of GW’s performance groups in the Lisner Auditorium and join them afterwards for a meet-and-greet in Columbian Square, on the first floor of the Marvin Center. Dessert will be provided.
8 p.m. Monday, Aug. 30.

Student Organization Fair – Come find out how you can get involved on campus by talking to representatives of almost every student organization in University Yard.
7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 31.

Hypnotist Tom DeLuca – Come watch or be a part of the show with hypnotist Tom DeLuca in the Marvin Betts Theatre.
9 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 31.

Baltimore Orioles v. Boston Red Sox – Take yourself out to the ball game and head to Orioles Park at Camden Yards to watch the Orioles play the Red Sox. Tickets are $30 and available at the office of Campus Recreation. A bus will leave for Baltimore from HelWell.
3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 1.

LGBT Community Welcome – Celebrate the grand opening of the new LGBT resource center in Marvin Center 425 and meet with faculty, staff and students. Free food and giveaways.
6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 1.

Target Takeover – The Residence Hall Association provides free transportation with buses leaving from Kogan Plaza, Thurston Hall and the Mount Vernon Quad to Target so you can fulfill all your residence hall needs.
10:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 1.

Senior Kickoff – Seniors celebrate the end of the first week of classes at Nick’s Riverside Grille on the Georgetown Waterfront.
8 to 11 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 2.

College Colors Day – Show your spirit by wearing buff and blue all day
Friday, Sept. 3.

Colonial Quest – Race through Foggy Bottom with a team of friends, answering clues along the way. Food and prizes provided. Meet in Kogan Plaza.
7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 3.

Fall Fest – Come out to University Yard to listen to Wale and Travie McCoy at GW’s largest concert and festival of the semester.
4 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 4.

GW Bazaar – Spend the afternoon on the Vern at this international fair featuring food, henna tattoos and tie-dye.
2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 5.

-Courtesy of the Student Activities Center website