For Executive Vice President: Rob Maxim

For Rob Maxim, his everyday student experiences are the only assets he needs to be an effective EVP.

“I’ve witnessed what works well and what red tape exists,” Maxim said. He wants to change that red tape and, in keeping with his campaign motto, “maximize GW for everyone.”

Class: Junior
Major: International affairs and business
Hometown: Sandwich, Mass.

Clubs/Activities: Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity, 2009 Colonial Cabinet, College Democrats, STAR

Top three platform goals: Improve mandatory dining spending, Fix Student Judicial Services policy, Reform bookstore and buyback policy

Previous SA experience: Senate secretary, 2008-2009 legislative director

Reason for running: Will blend experience as a GW student with SA experience

How did you spend snow week? Watching pre-Olympic coverage and dabbling in football.

Were you at the GW-GU Snowdown? Yes, but I got lost on the way.

One of Maxim’s top platform goals is to improve the quality of food at J Street.

“I personally think GW has one of the best dining programs of any university I’ve been to.,” Maxim said, noting that at other schools, students don’t necessarily want to be confined to a cafeteria, either.

Maxim said another main problem is confusion regarding GW’s alcohol amnesty policy.

“This summer I did the [Colonial Inauguration] info sessions for [the Center for Alcohol and other Drug Education] and SJS,” Maxim said. “I’ve been trained by the University, and I still don’t fully understand what the policy is.”

“In spirit, I love the idea of alcohol amnesty,” Maxim said. “I just think it needs to be clarified for students.”

Maxim criticized the SA for its “self-interest” and said that students have been using it for their own advancement.

“As EVP it’s going to fall a lot on me to make sure the senate is cohesive,” Maxim said. He wants to adjust the EVP’s role and get the senate working seamlessly with the executive branch.

“The spirit of the SA isn’t useless… we just need to refocus the image,” he said.