Author Deepak Chopra sheds light on mind, body and soul

Web Exclusive

Renowned self-help guru Deepak Chopra spoke at the Lisner Auditorium Friday about his book, “Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul” on how to “create a new you.”

Chopra, an author with more than 50 books to his name, focused on his understanding of the relationship between the mind, body, soul and the consciousness. Most of the audience hailed from the D.C. area, with some students attending with their parents.

In the midst of midterms, papers, and last-minute cramming with large amounts of coffee, the race to finish and beating the clock soon becomes the mantra of many students, Chopra said.

“When you say I have ten deadlines and I am running out of time.just like you metabolize food, you metabolize time. In fact to a great extent, our biological clock is the metabolism of time,” Chopra said. “Examine a person who says they are running out of time, they will have a higher blood pressure, speeded up heart rate, jittery platelets with high levels of adrenaline.and when a person like that drops dead from a heart attack, then he is out of time. Or you can have all the time in the world.”

Chopra told the audience how to master time by using their biological clock to overcome obstacles like deadlines and avoid chaos in your life. Chopra encouraged the audience to “orchestrate time to your benefit.”

For Natasha Naragon, public affairs coordinator for the Arkansas Secretary of State Charlie Daniels, meeting Deepak Chopra was an honor.

“Once again Deepak Chopra was right on target in terms of distilling universal truth in a dynamic presentation.his wisdom always resonates with me,” Naragon said. “I appreciated his definition of time as the measurement of experience and hope to increase more moments of timeless awareness.”

Chopra’s books translated into over thirty-five languages, and Time magazine recently called Chopra “the poet-prophet of alternative medicine.