Crime Log

Assault

10/10/09 – Off Campus – 2 a.m. – Case closed

University Police Department officers responded to a report of an injured student who claimed he was beaten up by a bouncer at an unnamed night club. He told EMeRG, which later reported to officers that the student was at the club when the bouncer picked him up and threw him onto the street for an undisclosed reason. Off-campus incident

Attempted theft

10/8/09 – University Yard – 12:40 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of an attempted bike theft in progress on University Yard. Officers identified the subject from video footage of previous bike thefts. They apprehended the subject for attempted theft and the previous thefts. He was transferred to Metropolitan Police’s Second District station for processing. Closed by arrest

Disorderly conduct

10/11/09 – Fulbright Hall – 12:01 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a noise complaint in Fulbright Hall. Upon arrival of officers, a student was found standing in the doorway with alcohol in plain view. There were 17 people in the room at the time, three of whom were not affiliated with GW and were subsequently barred from campus. One student became disorderly with the officers on scene, and was found to be intoxicated and transported to GW Hospital. Referred to Student Judicial Services

Drug law violation

10/5/09 – International House – 11:22 p.m. – Case closed

UPD received a report of a “green leafy substance” in a room found by a health and safety inspector conducting a room check. GW Housing Programs conducted an administrative search and found an unknown amount of marijuana, paraphernalia and alcohol. Referred to SJS

10/6/09 – Thurston Hall – 12:30 p.m. – Case closed

UPD received a report made by GW Housing Programs staff, who received an anonymous tip claiming there were illegal substances in a room. Alcohol and cocaine residue in a plastic bag were found after an administrative search. Referred to SJS

Liquor law violation

10/9/09 – Fulbright Hall – 1:43 a.m. – Case closed

UPD officers observed an intoxicated female student being carried into Fulbright Hall. Officers assessed the situation and the student was transported to GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

10/10/09 – Public Property on Campus – 1:48 a.m. – Case closed

UPD officers observed an intoxicated female student being carried down the street. Officers assessed the situation and found that she could not stand up on her own. The student was transported to GW Hospital. Referred to Student Judicial Services

Purse snatch

10/9/09 – 17th and I streets- 2 p.m. – Case closed

A female student reported to UPD that she was standing on the corner of 17th and I streets when two male subjects approached and began to flirt with her. One man took her digital camera, which was hanging around her wrist, and ran off, while the other got in a nearby car and fled the scene. Closed, off-campus incident

Robbery

10/7/09 – 25th and I streets – 9:25 p.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to reports from D.C. Fire and Emergency Services and the Metropolitan Police Department that a student had been robbed. Three male subjects had approached the student and asked for a cigarette. Then, one subject punched the student in the face and kicked him in the stomach while he was on the ground. The subjects stole his backpack, wallet and cell phone and fled the scene. Referred to MPD