New eateries added to GWorld

View New GWorld Partners in a larger map

Students will be able to get more use out of their GWorld cards this fall as eight more eateries accepting Colonial Cash have been added in the last six months.

“The majority of us use our GWorld card to purchase food in one way or another. It is always a goal of (the SA) to increase the amount of choices available to GW students,” SA President Julie Bindelglass said. “For what seems like forever, students have been discussing the need for expanded and healthier options.”

Bindelglass hopes students will submit suggestions for potential GWorld partners by visiting the SA’s Web site, but for now, here is a taste of what is new on the menu:

An Uncommon Café
1850 G St., NW
202-408-2567
www.ilcreations.com

With Uncommon Café, GWorld welcomes another buffet-style eatery to its offerings. Along with staples like salads, Chinese fare, and hearty homestyle side dishes, the buffet boasts a freshly roasted turkey that diners can carve themselves. A breakfast menu, free wireless Internet, and a comfortable atmosphere enjoyed by area lunch-breakers round out a promising new option.

Bruegger’s Bagels
2101 L St. NW
202-223-5220
www.brueggers.com

Dense and doughy, Bruegger’s bagels are worthy of satisfying any hunger pangs. Whether you’re in search of an off-campus study spot or stopping in for a bite on your way to class, whatever your hometown, you know that Bruegger’s offers familiar comfort coated in cream cheese.

Café Tu-o-Tu
2806 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
202-298-7777
www.cafetuotu.com

Greek and Turkish-inspired cuisine delight at this spunky café where you can wake up with an omelet before Sunday studying, grab a savory panini for lunch, or break into baklava for dessert. Named after the local area code, Tu-o-Tu offers patio seating and a convenient location at the intersection of M Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. And even better: they deliver.

Chop’t Creative Salad Company
1105 19th St. NW
202-995-0665
www.choptsalad.com

Freshness, bang-for-your-buck portions, and a make-your-own component make this salad shop a new destination for a healthy meal. With its new 19th Street location and recent addition to GWorld, students can more easily opt for Chop’t.

City Bites
1800 G St. NW
202-289-1820

If cheap and hefty breakfast sandwiches are your Sunday morning tradition, visit this eatery that recently opened beside the World Bank, but don’t plan to stay. The tiny venue has minimal seating and little standing room, so call in orders ahead of time and find a nearby park bench and enjoy.

Philly Pizza & Grill
1211 Potomac St. NW
202-333-3356

Looking for grub after making the late night rounds in Georgetown? Stop by this Turkish restaurant and pizza joint for a midnight snack and be sure to try the doners (or gyros) with traditional yogurt sauce. Open until 2:30 a.m. during the week and 3:30 a.m. on weekends, it is sure to satisfy your cravings without costing you your tuition.

Sandella’s Flatbread Café
2238 M St. NW
202-223-4545
www.sandellas.com

Sandella’s offers skinny sandwiches with bold sauces piled on a “flatbread” that’s really more of a tortilla. If you’re interning or working nearby, it’s worth a stop just to check out the salads – but the panini’s aren’t bad either.

Zenobia Lounge, Multicultural Cafe & Bookshop
1025 31st St. NW
202-339-0555
www.zenobialounge.com

Zenobia is the perfect place to go for a Middle Eastern culture fix, hookah and all. Browse its collection of themed books ranging in subject from travel in Dubai, to Arab women, to Sufism, and then finish your visit with an authentic meal.