Crime Log

Drug Law Violation

10/1/08 – Thurston Hall – 12:45 a.m. – case closed

University Police Department officers responded to an anonymous noise complaint in the residence hall. When they entered the room, it appeared that the students had smoked marijuana. Campus police notified the community director and a subsequent search of the room yielded 3.7 grams of marijuana.
Referred to Student Judicial Services.

Fraud

10/1/08 – Off campus – open case

A GW staff member reported that her credit card had fraudulent charges on it. The employee said she was in possession of the card, but she assumed that someone had taken it and brought it back.
Open case.

Unlawful Entry

10/2/08 – Kogan Plaza – 11:50 p.m. – case closed

UPD responded to an anonymous call about a male who was unconscious in the plaza and previously barred from campus. The subject was arrested for unlawful entry.
Subject arrested .

Disorderly Conduct

10/4/08 – Thurston Hall – 12:27 a.m. – case closed

A female student was stopped in the Thurston Hall lobby because she appeared intoxicated. EMeRG transported her to the GW Hospital. She then became disorderly with hospital and EMeRG staff.
Referred to SJS.

Liquor Law Violation

10/4/08 – Public property on campus – 2:05 a.m. – case closed

A UPD officer observed a male student who exited a taxi and vomited. The officer assessed the individual and UPD transported him to the GW Hospital.
Referred to SJS.

10/4/08 – Thurston Hall – 11:07 p.m. – case closed

UPD officers responded to a call of a male student going in and out of consciousness in the residence hall. EMeRG transported him to the GW Hospital.
Referred to SJS.

Theft

10/5/08 – Thurston Hall – 4:03 a.m. – open case

When a group of students left a Thurston Hall room, the resident of the room said one of the visitors had stolen her wallet. Later that night, UPD received a report that the same set of males had met up with another Thurston resident and stolen her purse.
Case open.

10/5/08 – 7-Eleven at Mitchell Hall – 6:18 a.m. – case closed

A 7-Eleven staff member said there was an individual stealing from the store and provided officers with the description of the suspect. When officers tracked the suspect down, the store decided not to press charges.
Subject barred from campus.